Application Process, Eligibility, and Evaluation Criteria
The 2018 Climate Leadership Awards application period opened on June 29 and closed on October 16, 2017
Award winners will be publicly recognized during the seventh annual Climate Leadership Conference, February 28 to March 2, 2018, in Denver, CO.
Applicants for all categories of the Climate Leadership Awards program must meet the following criteria as well as any additional eligibility requirements specified within each category.
- Applicants must have significant operations in the United States. Given the global nature of climate change, the majority of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions reductions do not have to occur in the U.S.
- Leadership activities must have taken place between January 1, 2015, and September 26, 2017, and must be currently active.
- Goal Achievers, however, have one additional year to demonstrate an achieved GHG reduction goal. For the Goal Achievement category, leadership activities must have taken place between January 1, 2014, and September 26, 2017.
The application period opened on June 29, 2017, and will close on October 16, 2017. Application forms are available on the corresponding category web pages for each category. Applicants are required to fill out the form specific to the awards category and submit it with the required supplemental information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants are requested to review the step-by-step instructions on the category pages linked to below.
Evaluation criteria and applications differ by awards category. Please select from the following to learn more:
- Organizational Leadership Award
- Individual Leadership Award
- Supply Chain Leadership Award
- Excellence in Greenhouse Gas Management (Goal Setting Certificate)
- Excellence in Greenhouse Gas Management (Goal Achievement Award)
- Innovative Partnership Certificate
Applications are reviewed by C2ES and TCR in collaboration with independent committees of recognized experts. Award winners will be publicly recognized during the seventh annual Climate Leadership Conference, February 28 to March 2, 2018 in Denver, CO