2019 Application Process, Eligibility, and Evaluation Criteria
The 2019 Climate Leadership Awards application period is now closed.
Award winners will be publicly recognized during the eighth annual Climate Leadership Conference.
Eligibility for 2019 Awards
Applicants for all categories of the Climate Leadership Awards program must meet the following criteria as well as any additional eligibility requirements specified within each category.
- Applicants must have significant operations in the United States. Given the global nature of climate change, the majority of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions reductions do not have to occur in the U.S.
- Leadership activities must have taken place between January 1, 2016, and October 12, 2018, and must be currently active.
- Goal Achievers, however, have one additional year to demonstrate an achieved GHG reduction goal. For the Goal Achievement category, leadership activities must have taken place between January 1, 2015, and September 27, 2018.
The application period opened on June 28, 2018, and will close on October 12, 2018. Application forms are available on the corresponding category web pages for each category. Applicants are required to submit their application online via the CLA SmarterSelect portal. Please complete the form specific to the awards category to which you are applying and submit it with the required supplemental information online. Applicants are requested to review the step-by-step instructions on the category pages linked to below.
Any questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed reference forms for the Individual Leadership and Organizational Leadership categories may be submitted via email to email@example.com, or submitted by the applicant along with their application form in the SmarterSelect Application Portal.
Evaluation Criteria and Applications
Evaluation criteria and applications differ by awards category.
Click each award category below to access the corresponding application.
- Organizational Leadership Award
Recognizes organizations that not only have their own comprehensive greenhouse gas inventories and aggressive emissions reduction goals, but also exemplify extraordinary leadership in their internal response to climate change, and engagement of their peers, partners, and supply chain.
- Individual Leadership Award
Recognizes individuals exemplifying extraordinary leadership in leading their organizations’ response to climate change and through engagement of their peers and partners.
- Supply Chain Leadership Award
Recognizes organizations that have their own comprehensive greenhouse gas inventories and aggressive emissions reduction goals and demonstrate they are at the leading edge of managing greenhouse gas emissions in their organizational supply chains.
- Excellence in Greenhouse Gas Management (Goal Setting Certificate)
Recognizes organizations that publicly report and verify organization-wide greenhouse gas inventories and publicly set aggressive greenhouse gas emissions reduction goals.
- Excellence in Greenhouse Gas Management (Goal Achievement Award)
Recognizes organizations that publicly report and verify organization-wide greenhouse gas inventories and achieve publicly-set aggressive greenhouse gas emissions reduction goals.
- Innovative Partnership Certificate
Recognizes organizations working collaboratively on leading edge climate initiatives. Partnerships have collectively established objectives to measurably address greenhouse gas reduction goals and/or adaptation and resilience activities.
Applications are reviewed by C2ES and TCR in collaboration with independent committees of recognized experts. Award winners will be publicly recognized during the eighth annual Climate Leadership Conference.The 2019 award winners will be publicly recognized during the Climate Leadership Awards Dinner, held in conjunction with the eighth annual Climate Leadership Conference.