2019 Application Process, Eligibility, and Evaluation Criteria
The 2019 Climate Leadership Awards application period opened June 28 and closes on September 27, 2018.
Join our July 24, 2018 webinar to learn more.
Award winners will be publicly recognized during the eighth annual Climate Leadership Conference.
Applicants for all categories of the Climate Leadership Awards program must meet the following criteria as well as any additional eligibility requirements specified within each category.
- Applicants must have significant operations in the United States. Given the global nature of climate change, the majority of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions reductions do not have to occur in the U.S.
- Leadership activities must have taken place between January 1, 2016, and September 27, 2018, and must be currently active.
- Goal Achievers, however, have one additional year to demonstrate an achieved GHG reduction goal. For the Goal Achievement category, leadership activities must have taken place between January 1, 2015, and September 27, 2018.
The application period opened on June 28, 2018, and will close on September 27, 2018. Application forms are available on the corresponding category web pages for each category. Applicants are required to submit their application online via the CLA SmarterSelect portal. Please complete the form specific to the awards category to which you are applying and submit it with the required supplemental information online. Applicants are requested to review the step-by-step instructions on the category pages linked to below. Any questions can be sent to email@example.com
Completed reference forms for the Individual Leadership and Organizational Leadership categories may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or submitted by the applicant along with their application form in the SmarterSelect application portal.
Evaluation criteria and applications differ by awards category. Please select from the following to learn more:
- Organizational Leadership Award
- Individual Leadership Award
- Supply Chain Leadership Award
- Excellence in Greenhouse Gas Management (Goal Setting Certificate)
- Excellence in Greenhouse Gas Management (Goal Achievement Award)
- Innovative Partnership Certificate
Applications are reviewed by C2ES and TCR in collaboration with independent committees of recognized experts. Award winners will be publicly recognized during the eighth annual Climate Leadership Conference.