Recommend a Speaker
The Climate Leadership Conference (CLC) provides climate, energy, and sustainability professionals a platform to learn from and engage with thought leaders and decision-makers working to address climate change. The program encourages cross-sectoral discussions on climate-related opportunities, challenges, policy, and best practices. The CLC program focuses on confronting climate change through an exchange of plenary panel discussions and interviews, multi-track breakout sessions, strategy exchange sessions, applied trainings, networking events, and pre/post conference educational workshops.
Submit a speaker nomination now! The Speaker Submission Form can be found HERE.
We are accepting nominations for:
- Breakout Panels and Speakers: Engaging 60-90 minute panel discussions that take a deeper look at key climate or sustainability topics. Breakout panels address 100-150 sustainability professionals, and generally feature 3-4 speakers with a moderator facilitating questions. Nominations can be for a full panel, or a speaker that would join a conference panel (e.g., renewable procurement: the path to 100%, the changing landscape of climate risk disclosures, driving subnational action: climate partnerships, policies, and incentives).
- Keynote Speakers: Main stage / full audience presentations, interviews or panel discussion featuring leading experts on the cutting edge of climate impact (e.g., nationally recognized climate scientists, C-suite corporate leadership, heads of organizations, etc.).
- Trainings: 1-3 hour deep-dive sessions designed to help 15-30 attendees develop applicable skills and decision-making abilities for implementing specific climate solutions (e.g., Implementing TCFD guidelines in your organization’s reporting, assessing alternative fuel vehicle options for your fleet, setting a science-based target, developing a plan to achieve 100% renewable energy, implementing a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA), etc.).
- Workshops: Interactive, discussion-based events that explore strategies and emerging approaches to advance climate leadership with 25-75 attendees over the course of 1-3 hours (e.g., advancing climate solutions through public-private-plus partnerships, overcoming barriers to renewable heating and cooling, strategies for employee engagement, etc.).
- Strategy Exchange Sessions: Intimate, expert-led conversations with 5-10 attendees that facilitate strategy exchange around niche topics. Requesting Nominations for the topic and discussion lead (e.g., renewable natural gas in California, making sure clean jobs count, supplier-specific emission factors, etc.).
AUDIENCE: The CLC annually attracts more than 400 climate, energy, and sustainability professionals from academic, and nonprofit sectors. Please see WHO ATTENDS for a more detailed breakdown of conference delegates.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR: The CLC Steering Committee strives to enrich the audience’s experience by keeping content fresh and engaging. We prefer:
- Solutions-oriented topics,
- An interactive learning environment,
- Diverse presenters (including from the public and private sectors),
- Speakers that are recognized subject matter experts and possess strong public speaking skills.
Professionals engaged in the climate change, energy, and overall sustainability space who inspire new ideas, facilitate instrumental dialogue, and introduce new opportunities to the 2019 CLC audience are encouraged to submit.
The Conference committee encourages submissions in the following categories:
- Carbon reduction goals: measuring success, implementation strategies
- Measuring and managing climate risks and building resilience
- Transition to clean and resilient energy systems
- Innovative financing and/or partnerships
- Navigating climate and energy policies and carbon markets
- Exploring the water-energy-climate nexus
- Addressing supply chain emissions, building a more sustainable, resilient value chain
- Climate transparency: developing consistent metrics, climate disclosure, communicating to stakeholders
- Climate science: impact and trends
- Education and inclusive engagement
- Emerging technology for climate mitigation or resilience
Please refer to the 2018 PROGRAM to gain a better understanding of potential CLC content.
Deadline for submissions is Friday, October 5, 2018.
NOTICE: We appreciate your submission and value your insight! Due to the high volume of response, we cannot guarantee a personalized response to each submission. Speakers selected by the CLC Steering Committee will be contacted this fall/winter with a formal invitation, followed by further guidance on next steps, deadlines, and speaker instructions.
Please send any related questions to email@example.com
SUBMIT YOUR NOMINATION:
The 2019 CLC Speaker Submission Form can be found by CLICKING HERE.
The Speaker Submission form link will redirect you to the CLA SmarterSelect page, which the Steering Committee is using to gather 2019 submissions. You will be required to create a login to submit a form. However, once you have started an entry you are able to save your work and return to it at any time until the submissions deadline of October 5, 2018.
The Speaker Submission Form will ask you for the following information:
- Nomination type (Speaker, Breakout Panel, Training, Workshop, Strategy Exchange Session)
- Speaker name, email address, phone number, title and organization
- Proposed topic or session title
- Proposed topic or session description
- Theme that the topic or session relates to
- Nominator contact information (if nominating someone other than yourself)